bug and new package

Zoltan Kota s.mako at gmx.net
Wed Feb 11 09:43:40 UTC 2004

Hi,

Last year I submitted a bug through bugzilla.redhat.com, which affects
recode-3.6-9 in Fedore Core 1. A recommended patch is also attached. It
has still a status NEW, so it seems for
me nothing happened until now. Is it possible to make the bug handling
process faster? The package, I would like to submit, requires recode.

New packages: I'm a bit confused now how to contribute new packages.
On fedora.us I can read, it will be merged with fedora.redhat and the
package naming guideline applies only to fedora.us. On fedora.redhat
there are information about a future Extra, Alternative ... repository
structure and a modified package naming concept (latter is in the mailing
list)... What to do then? Is it better to wait for finishing the merging,
or to submit to fedora.us?

Zoli