Yum and multiple arches.

Mark mark at harddata.com
Thu Feb 12 20:10:39 UTC 2004

On February 12, 2004 12:51 pm, seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 14:45, Mark wrote:
> > Okay,
> >
> > I noticed an issue with yum updating the only x86_64 depencies and not
> > the i386 depencies as well when I updating to mozilla-1.6.0. It did
> > however update both i386 and x86_64 versions of mozilla.
> >
> > I have yum setup this way. (edited for brevity)
>
> What version of yum are you using?
>
> 2.0.5 shouldn't have this issue.

I am running yum-2.0.5-1 though I can't remember if I upgraded yum after
though, so it probably works now. It took me a few days to figure out why
mozilla stopped working.

I know I didn't have too much trouble installing mplayer. The only issues I
came across occurred if you have the x86_64 package already installed and
some file conflicts. I don't know how yum would be able to work around this
and repackaging lots of i386 libraries just for x86_64 would be a lot of
work.

regards,

Mark Lane, CET mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd. http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771   F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--