Firefox as default browser in Fedora

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Fri Feb 13 16:48:21 UTC 2004

I understand that it is not a cut and dried decision.  The two things
that jump out at me with regards to the majority of users, i.e.
nontechnical or home users, are consistency of the interface and the
ability to install java, flash, etc. by themselves.  Under windows they
can do it, with epiphany, no way.  I think that most people are able to
pick up a new interface for a particular application.  But dropping to a
shell and typing cryptic commands at a $ prompt?  They'd have to call a
consultant.  Most users today don't even know what DOS is.  I'd better
stop here before I make myself feel any older.... ;-)

-Steve