XFree86: New via driver with DRI

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Sun Feb 15 17:45:24 UTC 2004

Em Dom, 2004-02-15 às 14:35, Alan Cox escreveu:

> PLE and KLE is trident video. CLE is "via" along with KM400 etc although

Weird. I have a via kl266, which uses the savage driver. The lspci
output is
VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. VT8375 [ProSavage8 KM266/KL266]

I'm probably confused kl266 with those kle133, which uses cyberblade
video, as far as I can remember.

> > source one on FC2? I remember some people was porting it to xfree 4.3
> > and the newer mesa, but didn't see anything about it for quite some
> > time...
> Its still a bit rickety and it has trivial security exploits because the
> 2D engine is overexposed to user space

Thanks for the info. I'm preety sure I have to save some money and get a
real and supported video card.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group