Perl requires/provides proposal

Chip Turner cturner at redhat.com
Fri Feb 20 18:17:01 UTC 2004

Michael Schwendt <ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de> writes:

> On 17 Feb 2004 10:29:53 -0500, Chip Turner wrote:
>
> > Would an errata of perl 5.8.3 for FC1 (and maybe RHL9) with the proper
> > provides, directory ownerships, etc help?  Anyone willing to help test
> > such a beast? :)
>
> Let's move forward and focus on FC2. Trying to update/maintain old
> releases only kills finite resources.

Agreed.  However, RHEL3 needs a perl errata, so it isn't extra work.
Basically I'm planning on putting an update to 5.8.3 out for RHL3 and
FC1, letting it bake a bit, then look into getting it into RHEL3.  I
don't anticipate any disruption, and putting in the new virtual
provides is basically zero-cost above the update itself.

> Of course, you could release an FC1 Test Update anytime and hope for
> feedback, regardless of whether the update will make it.

Yep.  Coming soon.  Watch this space :)

Chip

Chip Turner                   cturner at redhat.com
                              Red Hat, Inc.