anybody notice fetchmail in daemon/poll mode doesn't seem to work?

Mark Mielke mark at mark.mielke.cc
Mon Feb 23 05:27:16 UTC 2004

A few weeks ago, I updated fetchmail to devel-list, and ever since, my
fetchmail configuration no longer functions properly in daemon mode.

The symptoms seem to be that when fetchmail first starts up, it goes into
the background, and fetches mail as expected, but then, once it has downloaded
all new email, it never notices new email again. I "fetchmail -q" and then
"fetchmail" before reading email as a work around.

Is this working for anybody else (suggesting it is a configuration problem
on my end)?

My .fetchmailrc follows (with personal fields dotted out):

-- CUT --
set logfile "/home/mark/.fetchmail.log"
set postmaster "mark"
set nobouncemail
set properties ""
set daemon 30
set invisible

poll ... with protocol imap
    user "..." there with password "..." is mark here
    warnings 3600
    mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d mark"
    antispam 571 550 501 554
    fetchall

poll ... with protocol pop3
    user "..." there with password "..." is mark here
    warnings 3600
    mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d mark"
    antispam 571 550 501 554
    fetchall
-- CUT --

This configuration file has been working for a few months now without any
change to .fetchmailrc. I suppose it is possible that the imap server
(dovecot) is messing it up somehow...

Thanks,
mark

--