Fedora Core 2 Test 2 - delayed

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Fri Feb 27 04:23:33 UTC 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:06, Russell Coker <russell at coker.com.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:10, "Richard Hally" <rhally at mindspring.com> wrote:
> > The thing that really got my attention was the "enforcing mode". I have
> > SELinux installed from Rawhide and am getting a substantial number of avc
> > denied messages when booting and shutting down not to mention others from
> > doing ordinary things. Would it help if I sent some of these to someone
> > to look at to at least tell me if I am doing something wrong or there is
> > some other problem?
>
> Yes, send the AVC messages to me.

One thing that should be noted is that when in permissive mode you will see
many messages that won't appear in enforcing mode.

For example in enforcing mode user_t can not search many of the /proc/pid
directories (and the search operations are not audited).  But in permissive
mode the search can proceed and then later operations will be audited.