Why still using Mozilla 1.4 and not 1.5

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at redhat.com
Mon Jan 5 17:27:52 UTC 2004

Jon Atkinson wrote:

> In the same vein, are  there any plans for migration to
> Firebird/Thunderbird? Or do the Mozilla packages need to be kept in
> for Nautilus support?

1. Firebird/Thunderbird aren't 1.0 products yet.  They aren't cooked enough.
2. They don't include any migration tools for old profiles.

> I imagine the best solution would be to have a gecko renderer package,
> and seperate 'frontends' (Firebird, Epiphany, Mozilla-proper, Nautilus
> etc) would depend on it.

Yeah, it would be nice to have that.  People are working on it.  (It
needs to be the full XRE, not just the GRE as mentioned elsewhere in
this thread.)

--Chris

> Is any work being done in this area?
>
> --Jon Atkinson
>
> Stan Bubrouski wrote:
>
>> The subject speaks for itself.  Mozilla 1.5 has been stable for a while
>> now yet 1.4 is still what's in the devel tree.  What gives?
>>
>> -sb
>>

>> --

Christopher Blizzard
http://people.redhat.com/blizzard/