include much needed antivirus products in FC2

Rodrigo Parra Novo rpn at netmonks.org
Mon Jan 5 18:55:55 UTC 2004

Em Seg, 2004-01-05 às 16:10, seth vidal escreveu:
> Try this sometime - process 100000+ pieces of mail a day and see if AV
> scanning doesn't add much load? AV scanning centrally does NOT scale.

   Until past april, I worked for an ISP which dealt (at that time) 420k
emails per day. Virus scanning is an optional feature, used by about 20%
of our customer base.

   So we *did* (and they still do) have 100k mails scanned, every day.

   Of course, you can't just start a new scanner process for every mail
which arrives - and obviously, there are dozens of other optimizations
which must be used too.

> Moreover - if you are always protecting your users then they will never
> learn.

   When your business is to take care of your customer, it is a
*mission* to protect them.

   Rodrigo