Where to submit bug reports

Karl DeBisschop kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com
Wed Jan 7 16:13:08 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 10:09, Jef Spaleta wrote:

> But the more general topic of how to get users interacting with bugzilla
> effectively, is something worthy of discussion. Right now I'm getting
> ready to focus my very limited talents at trying to come up with a
> Fedora specific variation of the Gnome bug squad guidelines for testing
> and bug hunting. I have have a very dim hope of getting my crap together
> in time, to have a draft out for test1 beta testing. I've been spending
> some time nagging developers on irc for ideas, like boilerplate
> functionality testing and doing community triage commenting. All these
> sorts of things are variants of what Gnome is doing with the bug squad.
> So my short term plan is to have some sort of reasonable useful testing
> guideline draft in place to float to testers for FC2 test releases. A
> test of the testing guidelines. I just need to get my crap together and
> mock up a draft. And i could really use help on that, because I'm no
> technical writer.

Maybe I'm speaking for myself only, but my biggest issue so far is the
number of bugzilla's a person will have to deal with. For Fedora alone
there's redhat's and fedora US.

But (with good reason) many FC1 bugs are handled with a comment to
'submit the bug to the upstream maintainer' so I immediately have to add
mozilla and ximian and every other active project that I have interest
in and spend effort on debugging.

It's just too many accounts. For my part, the biggest help would be a
trusted gateway between some of these big bugzilla so tha I could log in
to redhat's, enter a bug, and then toggle a switch that says "list with
upstream maintainer". (On the same idea, a trusted gateway to
sourceforge would probably be useful).

Is this sort of thing  conceivably possible?

--
Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com>
Pearson Education/Information Please