[patch 2.6.1] Silicon Image 3512 SATA Controller - Tested

Aron Rubin arubin at atl.lmco.com
Mon Jan 12 14:49:34 UTC 2004

This patch enables the Silicon Image 3512 SATA Controller and has been
tested and functioning without any apparent bugs (I do not have a full
test suite but I am not booting off a device attached to this
controller). This patch is against the Dave Jones 2.6.1-1.34 kernel
source rpm.

You may remember I was trying to get help on this chipset before. My
patch is simply a duplicate of the entries for the 3112 chipset. It did
not work fully with prior kernels, giving me a "Interrupt Lost" errors.
Whatever else was done to 2.6.1 had made it happy again. Also I did not
have to use any special commandline options.

Aron

--

ssh aron at rubinium.org cat /dev/brain | grep ^work:

Aron Rubin                       Member, Engineering Staff
Lockheed Martin                  E-Mail: arubin at atl.lmco.com
Advanced Technology Laboratories Phone:  856.792.9865
3 Executive Campus               Fax:    856.792.9930
Cherry Hill, NJ USA 08002        Web:    http://www.atl.lmco.com