Self Introduction: Geoff Teale

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Tue Jan 13 21:49:11 UTC 2004

* Full legal name:
Geoffrey John Teale

* Country, City:
United Kingdom, East Grinstead

* Profession or Student status:
Software Engineer

* Company or School:
Cmed Technology Ltd.
http://www.cmedltd.com

* Your goals in the Fedora Project:
** Which packages do you want to see published?
GNU Arch
Meld
various GNU/Emacs modes

** Do you want to do QA?
If that's what needs doing....

** Anything else special?
I am a programmer, I'd be interested in developing/maintaining Fedora
specific tools.  In particular I'd like to help make up2date a little
more robust!

* Historical qualifications
** What other projects have you worked on in the past?

The most visible thing I've done some open-source development with CUPS
(I developed a driver for the Brother P-Touch label printer (see
http://www.tealeg.uklinux.net).  Otherwise I've been submitting patches
to various F/OSS projects since 1998.

Otherwise it's mainly been commercial and/or custom development work,
historically on QNX RtP, BeOS, SCO Unixware, Solaris 8/9, BSD/OS and a
fair bit on various versions of the OS that shalt not be named (I was
young, I needed the money).

Right now I work full time as a linux developer for a company deploying
debian based clinical data management appliances. In the day to day this
requires me to create and maintain debian packages, develop in Python, C
and Bash and do general sys-admin tasks on Linux machines.

* What computer languages and other skills do you know?

C, C++, Python, Bash, CLOS, Ruby, SQL (various db's), Gtk2, Glade-2,
libs, Debian packaging, XSLT, HTML, SVG, DTD.

* Why should we trust you?

I'm an associate member of the free software foundation - as such I've
made a financial statement in support of interest in Free/Open Source
software.

I'm also leaving Gentoo Linux (currently the distro I've found to be the
best fit for my use) to make what will likely be a more mainstream
distribution the best it can be.  For me this project is very important
for the wider adoption of F/OSS.  The social benefit of F/OSS is
something that I believe in passionately.

*GPG KEYID and fingerprint

pub  1024D/D86E7780 2002-10-30 Geoffrey John Teale (tealeg)
<geoff at tealeg.uklinux.net>
     Key fingerprint = AAE8 352A 25FC 1E23 FFB9  5515 B7E4 5BE7 D86E
7780
sub  1024g/47B8286F 2002-10-30

--
Geoff Teale