noarch rpms and yum

Jim Cornette cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jan 18 06:21:09 UTC 2004

seth vidal wrote:

>On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 00:59, Jim Cornette wrote:
>

>>I was trying to use yum-2.0.4-5 to upgrade some packages and I always
>>seem to get this sort of error.
>>
>>Getting python-optik-1.4.1-4.noarch.rpm
>>retrygrab() failed for:
>>
>>ftp://anymirror.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development//s390/Fedora/RPMS/python-optik-1.4.1-4.noarch.rpm
>>
>>I then tried using up2date and the programs installed correctly.
>>
>>Is this a configuration problem or a problem with the current way that
>>yum resolves noarch rpms?
>>

>most likely the any mirror is not grabbing the s390 rpms.
>
>the trouble is you're using the global development repository and not
>the specific one for your architecture.
>
>-sv

Thanks!

I didn't know if this was a problem on my end or some other factor.

With these sort of errors happening. It would be great if yum would
continue down the list, then inform you of the failures it found with
the files not found.

Currently, it dies out and leaves the programs that would install, later
on in the cue, to not install.

Jim