FC2 devel/i386 vs VIA EPIA boards

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Jan 20 00:37:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 20:01, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

> Ok, maybe i586 cpus work, but i386 cpus (like this Cyrix P166) do not.
> As the bug report states rpm needs non i386 instructions. I actually
> think these might be MMX instructions, so Pentium I's (before P Pro)
> might not work either.

I've had reports of upgrades working fine on a P133, so I would bet
on an install on those working fine too.  MMX shouldn't be an issue.
More likely an issue would be something like cmov, but that shouldn't be
a problem either, or earlier VIA CPUs wouldn't work, whereas they work
fine right now.

	Dave