FC2 devel/i386 vs VIA EPIA boards

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Tue Jan 20 09:09:56 UTC 2004

Hello Zoltán,

> I just sent in the cpuinfo, I checked it again: cmov is missing.
> So it's not close to a PII.

Still that should get you to the package selection stage (at least FC1
does on my Cyrix P166).

> No, I could'nt. :-( I can't work around the reboot after the machine pulled
> the initrd image.

Did you use a boot image from the rawhide tree instead of the FC1 boot
disk? If that doesn't work you could try the rpm to (NFS) mount method I
mentioned in my first post to this thread. That should get you a
functional system, apart from rpm that is. After that you could have a
look at the bug report I mentioned, and see if you can get rpm to work.

Bye,
Leonard.