XFree86 4.3.0

Casey Price linuxproject at aws-sj.com
Thu Jan 22 01:38:15 UTC 2004

> Just grab the XFree86 src.rpm from Fedora or Rawhide.
> Oh, XFree86 is a beast, you have been warned ;)

Nils,
I downloaded the source rpm and got it all installed. I have been checking
through the spec file...man this thing is freaking huge, like 4,000 lines
of text. However, a good like 1,000 lines of the text is the changelog, so
I've cleaned that up a bit. I was just wondering if you knew of a simpler
way to build the rpm through this spec file (simplified the spec file),
considering installation of XFree86 only need to be done by running make
World, then make install, then make install.man. So could you just have
that and then tell it which files to install, without including all of the
 %if....%variables...%endif ? This would make stuff a heck of a lot
easier.
Thanks,

--
Casey Price