zsh configuration proposal

Jonathan Marc Bearak jonathanbearak at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 20:07:43 UTC 2004

After trying zsh, I have to say I like it a lot and have changed my
default shell.

Of course, I changed EDITOR=emacs to vim :-)

I discovered one thing though, which actually seems to be a result of
/etc/bashrc.  Your /etc/zshrc sets $PS1, whereas /etc/bashrc does not.
As a result, if I switch from zsh to bash, I get a garbled prompt.
Appending export PS1="[\u@\h \W]\\$ "
to /etc/bashrc resolves this issue.  So if redhat uses your zsh config,
it'd be helpful if they also made this modification to /etc/bashrc.