problems with today's rawhide

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Jan 25 02:46:27 UTC 2004

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> pump fails to obtain dhcp configuration for rescue or install.
> offering network info by hand enables it to mount the install image
> over NFS.  network card is rtl8139.  dhcpd on the server says:
> 5 bad udp checksums in 5 packets
> fallback_discard: Resource temporarily unavailable

Me too, but my dhcp server is running on the GPL violating Linksys
router.  Network card is e1000.

> Genius EasyMouse+ PS/2 mis-detected as Whell Mouse in anaconda
> start-up

Synaptic touchpad on my old athlon laptop was misdetected this way in
FC1.  Newer synaptic model in my new Thinkpad T41 is similarly
misdetected as PS/2 wheel too.

> vi won't run on a full install, it can't find libperl.so.  It looks in
> 5.8.2 internal perl lib dir, but only 5.8.{0,1,3} are available.
> Karsten is aware of the problem already.

cp -a /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.2

This is a quick and ugly workaround if you don't want to wait for the
new vim package.

New Problem:
mount -t nfs 192.168.1.1:/var/ftp /mnt/ftp
mount: RPC: Remote system error - Connection refused

This worked during NFS install, so I suspect this is another selinux issue?

Warren