problems with today's rawhide

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Jan 25 03:47:16 UTC 2004

Warren Togami wrote:
> New Problem:
> mount -t nfs 192.168.1.1:/var/ftp /mnt/ftp
> mount: RPC: Remote system error - Connection refused
>
> This worked during NFS install, so I suspect this is another selinux issue?

Oops, I'm disappointed in the 2.6's kernels inability to detect wrong
addresses in user commands.  It is otherwise not broken.

I just noticed a different problem though.  While the ALSA snd_intel8x0
driver is loaded automatically, the OSS compatibilty modules like
snd-pcm-oss and snd-seq-oss are not loaded automatically, so stuff like
esd that is compiled for OSS output fails.

Known bug?

Warren