Installation tree not matching boot media

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Jan 27 17:14:59 UTC 2004

Rudi Chiarito wrote :

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 05:18:14PM +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:
> > Is there a way to get the installation working nevertheless or am I
> > completely stuck needing to install FC1 and upgrade from there? Looking
> > around the VTs, I can't find any message explaining the reason for the
> > mismatch nor what exactly is checked to report it.
>
> The build dates of your boot.iso and the second-stage image downloaded
> not matching? I'd assume a newer second stage image has been made
> available after you downloaded and burnt the bootable CD (using RW media
> is preferrable for this reason). I would suggest getting today's
> boot.iso and retrying the install immediately.

Argh, you're right. On Red Hat's main servers the boot.iso and files in
"base" match, but not on my mirror (freshrpms.net), probably because I sync
from dulug.duke.edu, where the mirroring is maybe partial... :-(

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2163.nptl
Load : 0.43 0.35 0.26