rawhide report: 20040128 changes

Karl DeBisschop kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com
Wed Jan 28 19:34:11 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 14:26, Warren Togami wrote:
> Karl DeBisschop wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 11:32, Build System wrote:
> >

> >>Removed package abiword
> >

> > Is this going away for good? I hope not. I find I much prefer
> > abiword/gnumeric to openoffice.
> >
> > Just my $0.02 worth.
> >

> IMHO, abiword really belongs in Extras.

When extras is fully integrated with core, I might look on that more
favorably. But it is not. Nor did I see abiword on any of the fedora.us
mirrors (I did look before posting, but I'll allow that I could have
missed it).

But based on the way things stand today, I think it's reasonable to keep
it in FC2, and consider a move to Extras with FC3, assuming Extras is up
and well integrated at that time.

Again, just my opinion.

--
Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com>