rawhide report: 20040128 changes

John Alexander Thacker thacker at math.cornell.edu
Wed Jan 28 23:22:45 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 05:54:33PM -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> Abiword sucked in gtk_combo_box from GAL without changing the name.
> GTK+ 2.3.x contains an actual gtk_combo_box with a different API.  This
> is why arbitrary third party widgets should *NEVER* be in the gtk_
> namespace.
>
> I started working on fixing this last night and didn't have a chance to
> finish it.

Fair enough.  Are you using the newly-released abiword-2.0.3 version?
The release notes specifically mention building with gtk-2.3.x there,
and replacing some deprecated gtk functions.

http://www.abisource.com/changelogs/2.0.3.phtml

Of course, if you do that, upgrading to libwpd 0.7.0 would also be
nice, with additional support for WordPerfect(tm) 4.2 and 5.x documents,
since 2.0.3 supports libwpd 0.7.0

http://libwpd.sourceforge.net/

While we're mentioning abiword and gnumeric together, it would be
nice to update gnumeric from 1.2.1 to 1.2.5 or thereabouts.  Especially
since those releases fix some xls and Oo import and export bugs.

John Thacker