rawhide report: 20040128 changes

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Thu Jan 29 02:37:12 UTC 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Florian La Roche wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 11:49:52AM -0500, Chris Ricker wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Build System wrote:
> >
> > > exim-4.30-5
> > > -----------
> > > * Tue Jan 27 2004 Thomas Woerner <twoerner at redhat.com> 4.30-5
> > >
> > > - /usr/lib/sendmail is in alternatives, now
> > > - /etc/alises is now in setup: new Requires for setup >= 2.5.31-1
> >
> > How is this moving of aliases to setup being handled for postfix, since
> > postfix needs a different default aliases than sendmail / exim?
>
> Is it a requirement that postfix uses its own aliases file or
> could that be changed?

The big functional difference is that postfix requires root be aliased (to
user postfix by default, since it's not know a priori what user accounts
will be created) since postfix LDA doesn't run as root and therefore can't
deliver to root

If you consolidate, you'll have to alias root for all MTAs (not that I think
that's bad, but...)

later,
chris