rawhide report: 20040128 changes

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 06:37:20 UTC 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:

>> I think the smiley isn't necessary. Fedora Core should only contain 1
>> app for each task IMO (the one that is selected by default). All the
>> rest should be in extras. And that includes KDE for example.
>
>Well, that kind of reasoning would drive a large part of the community
>away from Fedora.

If it were taken seriously in any way, I would agree with you
100%, however since it is not remotely close to the Fedora
Project's stated goals, it's not a realistic suggestion by far.

Don't be discouraged by radical thoughts, look through the
project mission/goals, and if something sounds very radical or
controversial, it probably is, and would not be considered
seriously.

There are lots of rational good ideas floating around, don't be
discouraged by the bad ones.  ;o)