Submission Tool (Re: Submission process (was: Re: Self-Introduction: Michael Tiemann))

>> ...and if only bugzilla could be avoided for the submission process, and
>> replaced by a more comprehensive system, it would help a lot. Or maybe
>> just customize it enough to make it unrecognizable? ;-)
>
> ...which would be something that does not exist yet and requires a lot of
> development efforts. On the contrary, bugzilla is available today.

Are some people interested in developing such a tool ? I am, for one.
I think Zope/Plone could do a good job, since it already has a good workflow
system, but it is known by fewer people that PHP for example.
What we need at the core is mainly a workflow system (states/transitions), a
system to track dependancies, ... What else ?

Is anybody interested ? Is there a real need for it ? (I think so)

Aurélien
--
http://gauret.free.fr   ~~~~   Jabber : gauret amessage info
In a world without walls or fences,