Re: ACPI throttling

Am Do, den 01.07.2004 schrieb Harald Hoyer um 15:26:
> Found no daemon for /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/throttling,
> so I wrote one, which takes the load and the battery status and throttles accordingly.
> You can use the initscript to start and stop it automatically.
> Use the "-d" option to see debugging output.
>
> http://people.redhat.com/harald/acpi/

Small warning here: IMHO ans AFAIK throttling often does not save power.
In opposite, it even sometimes can result in more power-consumption:
With throttling a calculation takes longer and so the power leakage
comes into play.

A good calcualtion by the old cpufreq maintainer and active cpufreq
programmer here (in german, see last post in thread)

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=137842&highlight=cpufreq

CU
thl