The Fedora Hardware Project - Update

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at matchmail.com
Thu Jul 1 17:36:16 UTC 2004

Scott Sloan wrote:

>>That wouldn't help the people who couldn't install...
>

> True it wouldn't. But don't you usually check if the majority of your
> hardware is supported before you try a new OS? I'm guessing you are

No.  Most people just try to install, and insult the OS if they have any
trouble.

> talking about people who are new to Linux. People who have used it
> before will know "oh my sound card works, but last time I had to mess
> this or that file to get the game port work"  Your right though, it
> wouldn't help those who blindly did an install. But I hope that most
> people do their research... if so this is a tool for them.

Hahahaha.

We have to remember that tech savvy people are a *very* low percentage
of the global population.  And the same for people with "common sense".
  I'll leave it to others to say which has a larger population.

Mike