Re: /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit and lvm

On Jul  2, 2004, Russell Coker <russell coker com au> wrote:

> It would be nice if it could get an assigned number.

I get the impression the kernel is moving in the opposite direction.
With devfs, udev et al, there's little point in keeping statically
assigned major numbers.  It certain makes stuff somewhat of a pain for
userland, especially early in the boot, but it seems that we're going
to have to live with it.