Re: Fedora Core 3

Le ven, 02/07/2004 Ã 08:11 -0400, Marc Deslauriers a Ãcrit :
> On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 01:01, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > I'm sure there's other stuff people would like to see. What sorts
> > of things?
>
> I would like to see a reasonable /etc/asound.conf file that turns on
> DMIX, so sound works "out of the box".

I would like to see gnome mixer utils that a luser like me can use to
control alsa sound. After all this time I still have to use alsamixer as
root to do anything useful with my sound card, because I still haven't
figured how to tell the gnome mixer to nuke OSS compat controls and use
SPDIF as main output (and believe me, I tried).

alsamixer interface is very user-unfriendly but even it is better than
the gnome mixer mess right now.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot