Re: Fedora Core 3

How about a configuration variable/switch to turn off the code which
"nobbles" sg (ie if a device has been claimed by a driver, then sg can't
access it).

Why. If I use the /dev/sdx device I can't write or read in say 4096
block chunks. I get stuck with whatever max the /dev/sdx driver or
filesystem parent places on it.

All my FC2 boxen have to run a clean ftp.kernel.org kernel to do what I
need (high speed testing of scsi devices).

See also

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-June/msg00000.html

Regards

Burn