Re: Fedora Core 3

Greg KH (greg kroah com) said:
> On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 01:01:46AM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> >
> > And, random other stuff, of course.
>
> Full udev support?
>
> Please?  Pretty please?
>
> What, do you expect me to go and get the whole community to adopt a
> common device naming standard first before you will do this?

The problem is more or less this:

- Without a new device naming standard that offers persistent names,
  what really does it gain you?

I'm not averse to using it, but if you're not changing the device
names, most of the useful functionality could be done just by
using the dev.d callouts without actually having udev manage
/dev.

Bill