Fedora Core 3

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Fri Jul 2 22:00:57 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 09:06, mike at flyn.org wrote:
> I would like to see more Java tools in general:
>
> 1.  Eclipse's libswt-gtk2 would be nice (as a package installable with or
> without the Eclipse IDE).

I agree that this would be nice.  There's another bit of Eclipse
technology that has already wormed into FC development - the Eclipse
bytecode compiler (in the ecj RPM).  So a precedent has been set for
extracting and distributing bits of Eclipse has been set.

> 2.  Free software Java applet plugin for epiphany, Firefix, etc.  It seems
> that gcjwebplugin will be the candidate eventually.

gcjwebplugin is making fantastic progress.  I think the biggest bit of
work needing doing is auditing the gcj/GNU Classpath runtime for missing
security checks.

AG

--
Anthony Green <green at redhat.com>