Re: FC3 request

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

"BN" == Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com> writes:

BN> No, due to licensing concerns; Fedora Core is built to be 100% BN> Free/OSS; a wrapper for binary windows drivers really doesn't BN> qualify.

I'm confused; ndiswrapper is 100% open source. The drivers aren't,
but I didn't see any call to include them. If anything, the "get it
upstream first" argument applies, but I don't see how the license
issue does.

It could be seen as an "enabler" in legal circles.

That said, I don't see Red Hat removing it once it's in the upstream kernel, so that seems like the only way to get ndiswrapper in Fedora's kernels.