Fedora Core 3

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sat Jul 3 08:50:28 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 19:03, Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 10:41:10AM +0200, Florian La Roche wrote:
> > Can you give feedback on what changes you would like to see to the
> > current fedora development rpm?
>
> Use it to manage /dev and not /udev?
>
> Make it required?

What if we make udev required for all dynamic creation of device nodes?
Having devices such as /dev/mapper/control being dynamically created through
shell scripts such as /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit and programs such as "nash" does
not make any sense to me when udev seems perfectly designed for the task.

Making it mandatory for LVM users to also use udev does not seem like a
disadvantage to me.