Musings about on-disk encryption in Fedora Core

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Mon Jul 5 17:58:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 17:53, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 04:20:09PM +0200, Nils Philippsen wrote:
> > What do you all think?
>
> The initrd is on /boot not /

I know -- one could put all that stuff in the initrd, but I prefer a
special case for the root device being the only one dealt with in the
initrd rather in the normal initscripts so that configuration (which
real device gets mapped to what dm device, cipher to be used, key
length, ...) is on /etc were possible and _not_ hidden in the initrd.

Or what were you referring to? ;-)

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com