Re: Devel kernels, no shm_hugetlb_group and recommended way to run Oracle 10g?

Sorry for the noise - I had missed the mlock patch to hugetlbfs/inode.c .

RChan wrote:

Hi all,

Before taking the plunge and trying Oracle 10g on devel kernels -
I have been browsing the Oracle forums.

In upstream kernels there is a shm_hugetlb_group sysctl to allow
non-suid Oracle processes to do their thing (otherwise complaints
about not being able to get a shared memory segment).

Now devel kernels have the the upstream patch backed out:

#
# Ugly hugetlb hack; the real solution (rlimits) is added later on
#
%patch10 -p1 -R

What do I have to do with rlimit to get Oracle processes to run? Does Oracle
have to fix the binary first?

Cheers
richard