Re: Browsers [was: Fedora Core 3]

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 12:33:38PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:

Nobody's saying to remove all browsers from core, but to allow switching of the main browser with /etc/alternatives, which is a mechanism having nothing to do with core, extras or alternatives. They just happen to be named similarly...

I don't know if you've looked at the Fedora Extras Firefox package, but it's
nicely integrated so that in Gnome, you can choose it as a 'preferred web
browser', and you get it instead of Mozilla when you hit the web browser
button or any other time Gnome wants to show a web page.

Unlike /etc/alternatives, this is a per user choice, which makes more sense
for an application like this.

I hope we won't see paperclip dialogs like: "Firefox does not seem your default browser. Would you..."