Re: Fedora Core 3

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 10:47:42 +0200, Harald Hoyer <harald redhat com> wrote:
> I once made a kernel patch, which printed a "." for every line that would have been printed.
> This gives you a nice feedback, that your machine actually is doing s.th.

So in a fine grained kernel bootup verbosity world perhaps we should
have a few more modes:

school-library-silent  :
  Absolutely no talking from the kernel or it goes to detention

  Far far better than just silly little "."'s

  Something close to the current quiet mode, using mindreading
technology that I have
  patented to give a modicum of textual scroll based on what the user
"thinks" is worth

  yawn, boring

  why ruin the pretty graphical bootup with text I can actively read.
sublimal messaging will
  be far more effective and far less instrusive on the eye.
  translate all textual or graphical information about statup into a
  too bad the netpeep project appears to be dead.

-jef"uses the go-get-coffee mode when he reboots his boxes"spaleta