Re: Automatic reboot in kernel 2.6.7-1.467

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 00:27, David Chambers wrote:
> Thank you Omar! - I had totally not thought of ACPI.  Adding acpi=off to boot fixes the problem completely.
>
> Given the problems which ACPI seems to be causing - including people's problems in FC2 - wouldn't it be a good idea to default it to "off" until it behaves a bit better?  I realize that the dev kernels are just that, but to have the entire system not boot on a whim of ACPI's strikes me as a bit counterproductive...  (my $0.02, refundable upon request :-)

This should be fixed properly in the next kernel that Arjan pushes out.
Binary search on patches since the last working kernel and first broken
one took a while, but it turned out to be something (sort of) trivial.

PS: Your mail client isn't wrapping lines correctly.

	Dave