question about the provisional fc3 schedule

Arjan van de Ven arjan at fenrus.demon.nl
Mon Jul 12 12:18:40 UTC 2004

Hi,

the provisional fc3 schedule on
page has only ten (10!!) days between the release of test2 and the
freeze of test3. Likewise there is a similar really small amount of time
between test3 and final.

10 days is a really short time; testers need to download, burn and test
the release in this time as well as filing bugs and then the bug needs
to be fixed. All in 10 days. That sounds really awefully short to me.
(for test3 it might be ok, the last test release basically is like a
release candidate anyway)
Am I the only one who thinks this is going to be a problem, and if not,
can we please get the schedule adjusted to have more time there ?
3 weeks sounds like a far more optimal time to me.