Installing rtl8139

can someone help me to install my driver for my network card? I have the gui installed, but dont know how to get linux to reconize my card.

please please help???

pcdoctor

From: Mike Fedyk <mfedyk matchmail com>
To: Development discussions related to Fedora Core <fedora-devel-list redhat com>
Subject: Re: Fedora Core 3
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:01:31 -0700

Alan Cox wrote:

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 03:20:51PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:

How will I get an oops if I do that? The screen will have the 3d screen saver on it, and no text oops...

You'll know which screensaver

I know which screen saver, just not the name yet, have to go through the list...

If you have a matrox
Gx00 card its a known bug

It's an ATI Rage 128.

Does it occur with the update kernel or with the i586 kernel ?

I have run three fc2 kernels on this machine, two 2.6.6 based, and one 2.6.5 based (well it's really 2.6.x + 1 rc, but whatever) and the only one that doesn't crash overnight is the 2.6.5 kernel.

I'll check what it's optimized for when I get home.

Mike