nominate for removal: ethereal

David Nielsen dnielsen at breakmygentoo.net
Tue Jul 13 23:07:54 UTC 2004

What exactly is Ethereal so useful for? Do we really need it in Core?
Depending on what you define as the Core taskset maybe, however I can't
think of a scenerio where I absolutely need Ethereal, at least not as an
officially supported package.

Omitting it from Core would just mean putting it in Extras, and if you
really need it, then it's no longer than a "yum install" away.

- David