Re: programs with integrated library packages

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 08:31:30PM -0400, Toshio wrote:

> > I can recommend splitting at least the library package off; that way
> > 32/64 compatibility becomes easier ;)
> >
> Does that mean the packages in Core that don't split out the libraries
> should be fixed up?  Or are there some exceptions?  If it's "patches
> welcome" I'll look into creating a few bugzillas later this month.

It's not a hard bug (rpm can deal fine in several cases in the unsplit
case), it's just that it's a whole lot easier if you split, especially for
new packages. But even for existing ones, splitting can be a very good
solution if it doesn't lead to convoluted packaging.