Updated Mozilla Firefox Roadmap

Matias Feliciano feliciano.matias at free.fr
Wed Jul 14 10:52:07 UTC 2004

Le mer 14/07/2004 à 02:52, Havoc Pennington a écrit :
> On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 16:15, Matias Feliciano wrote:
> > And for FC4 :
> > Default email : Thunderbird
> > Default Calendar : Mozilla calendar (sunbird)
> > Alternative email/Calendar : Evolution
> > Default browser : Firefox
> > Alternative browser : epiphany
>
> I'd swap your defaults and alternatives, but agree on this set of apps.
>
> > For the desktop "market" it's important to be able to use the same "core
> > desktop" applications with Linux and Windows (OOo, Thunderbird,
> > Firefox).
>
> I agree with this, but to me the defaults should be the Linux native and
> optimized user experience, and the alternatives should be the "Windows
> migration" applications.

Red Hat/Fedora use Mozilla by default.
Why Red Hat choose Mozilla over Galeon and Epiphany ? For migration
propose ?

btw, Galeon and Epiphany use Gecko which is not Linux native.
cross-platform does not mean "push windows touch anywhere".

Mozilla is a "Windows migration" application only if the Windows user
already use Mozilla.
Mozilla is a "Linux migration" application only if the Linux user
already use Mozilla.

If I show Firefox to a Windows user they don't say :
- great Windows application, sound like IE.

If I show Evolution to a Windows user ...