customizing Fedora Core 2

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Jul 14 13:52:39 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 12:29 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> Would be nice if there was something like /etc/firstboot.d from which
> scripts get executed on first boot, regardless of whether the graphical
> firstboot is run. I've my own package to do just that, very much for
> reasons like this... (not everything can be done from kickstart %post)

For the interactive install case, firstboot uses all of the modules
from /usr/share/firstboot/modules.  You could conceivably add a step
that did this if you wanted without too much difficulty.

Note that a) there is now non-graphical firstboot (although it looks
like it has its list of tools hard-coded :/) and b) firstboot doesn't
get run by default with kickstart installs.

Jeremy