Re: Package requests wishlist - pine

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:09:19 -0500, Rex Dieter <rdieter math unl edu> wrote:

believe its vital to have the option to patch at the packaging level,
when its deemed appropriate.
the argument is about who has the power to choose when to patch.

And I agree with you in general, that the "power to patch" is a good thing.

And I know pine's license pretty much sucks.

However, I have yet to see any (official) Fedora policy that "the power to patch" or "having a non-sucky license" is required for inclusion in Extras.

-- Rex