cdrdao 1.1.9

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Jul 15 09:13:50 UTC 2004

Harald Hoyer wrote :

> cdrdao is version 1.1.9 in FC (3) development...
> The problem with gcdmaster is, that it needs gtkmm2 and libgnomeuimm2,
> which are not part of the Core...

Pros for adding the c++ gtk/gnome stuff to Core :
- More and more projects seem to use them
- There would be at last an "official" (from FC/RH perspective) naming
- It seems to be an official part of GNOME, sources on ftp.gnome.org

Cons for adding the c++ gtk/gnome stuff to Core :
- It's a mess with many parallel installable versions...
- We're already trying to get stuff _out_ of the Core, not _in_!

I think that last point pretty much sums it up, especially since I can
already imagine all the "now that the gtkmm/gnomemm libs are in Core, why
not add foo which uses them?" ;-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3
Load : 1.63 0.82 0.52