Re: php5

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 22:43, Jim Hayward wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 09:45 -0400, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> >
> > Php4 to php5 migration for lots of applications will probably involve
> > large amounts of pain and suffering,
>
> It may not be "that bad" an upgrade.

I remember the php3 to php4 upgrade - most things that caused us
problems were poorly done by our web team to begin with, many just
required very very minor tweaks.

We ran both engines for awhile - php3 handling .php3 and php4 handling
.php

I suspect it will be similarly trivial to run both php4 and php5 engines
for sites that need time to migrate fully.