Re: [fc2] Offline scsi tape (SDX-300C) after failed abort command

Mike Fedyk wrote:

Hi,

[should I post this to fedora-devel instead?]

I'm running 2.6.6-1.435.2.3 on an amanda backup server. During last nights run, I got these[1] messages in my kernel log.

After looking up on google someone else got this because there were too many tags being sent to the drive, but the queue depth[3] is set to one of this drive[4] on this controller [2].

Any idea what caused this?

Heh, a reboot didn't fix it since the device was still not responding.

Shutting off the scsi tape, and turning it back on worked after the reboot.