Re: Gnome image viewers

Louis Garcia wrote:
Why are there two image viewers for gnome. Eog and gthumb basically do
the same thing. I personally like gthumb as eog ui can use some work. As
I understand eog is used as a bonobo component for nautilus to display
images in the nautilus window. Why can't we just move the bonobo
component to gthumb and kill eog?

In my experience gthumb seems to be less buggy than eog, especially in printing of large graphics. eog seems to intermittently lockup during printing or exhibit other weird behavior... while gthumb at least works. This is true of latest rawhide too...

Warren